Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Where to go, what to do?
I hate uncertainty but after being in the Army for 16 years you kind of get used to it. That 5 year stop in Arizona kind of screwed up my thinking--I started planning for the future and other dumb things like that. Well we managed to move here with just a few months notice and we agonized over where to live--finally deciding on this great house we are renting. Last week the owner called and said he must sell it in the next 2 weeks due to all sorts of financial problems. His wife has bad health and he's a used car salesman and we all know what the economy is doing right now, so yeah, I imagine he's having a tough time. We wish we could help him out by buying his house but everything is too uncertain. He says we can stay in the house until the end of our rental agreement which is July 31st, but if a buyer demands to have it sooner we certainly don't want to cause him extra problems. I am actually showing the house to two people today which feels really weird. The owner of this house bought it for 204 and he's offering at 200 with even that being negotiable. I know he has a really low offer from one of these people preying on desperate homeowners right now and he says he'll have to take it if no one else makes a better offer. Of course I have no idea how low it is, and we have no idea whether we are staying here or not, but someone is going to get a steal on this property. Such a shame. I keep thanking our lucky stars that we could not find a house to buy last summer before all this economy mess started. We are now 81 on the post housing wait list but the new stuff hasn't opened yet and we don't know how fast it will go then. We also don't know whether we should try to find a rental in this area to keep the kids in the same ward/school. If we sign another rental contract and then a post house comes available we will be stuck. We can only get out of a rental agreement if Jer is PCSing so we'd be stuck unless that happened. And that could happen, but we just don't know. I guess come the end of July we'll have to move into a hotel or something we can rent monthly and I just know that's not going to go over well with 5 children. I'm just super frustrated but I know I have to be thankful that the situation isn't more like--I have no money to live somewhere. And I know we always end up exactly where Heavenly Father wants us, I just need to be more faithful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, man that's hard! And that is such as shame about those sleazy people preying on people that need help- vultures. Just keeping praying and things will work out for the best.
The whole housing thing really bites - especially for those trying to sell. I'm sooooo glad we aren't going to be in that position for at least 3-4 years. Anyway - have you thought about going ahead and renting again but trying to get a 6 month contract? If you can't and you get a 12 month, it probably won't matter too much because you can always just defer a couple times or put yourself on hold on the housing list. I know that potentially means you'd move 2 more times... but you could also just bag the on-post thing completely. It just leaves your options open.
Good Luck!!
(Or you could move to Lewis.)
Did housing even give you an estimate on how long it would take? Tina and I are trying to figure out what we are going to do. Everything will work out I am sure.
Sorry, Moving is hard, but making the decision where to move is worse. Just tell me what to do already.
At times like these I like to think of those poor little kids in Africa who are living in a cardboard box with all their sick siblings and their grandma because everyone else is dead. It just really puts things in prospective.
Don't you wish I lived closer so you could come over to my house and slap me right now.
Truly I am sorry. Maybe on post housing will move fast.
Thanks Linda! I'm officially panicking. See you soon
Oh...that is a tough one. I want you guys to stay in the ward in the worst way, so I hope that works out. However, I know something will work out and you'll be happy wherever you go.
Maybe Benjamin could send you his "used" tent? ;-) I guess AWOL is out of the question too.
Post a Comment