The kids did wisely point out that it was more fun to write down the mean things so maybe it isn't the perfect representation--let's hope.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Trash talk
This ended up being a pretty bad idea. For FHE, we have lessons a lot on how we treat each other and the kids get tired of it. We tell them once they get it, we will quit. I got the idea (probably from Sugardoodle or the Friend or something) to decorate these two cups--one for Trash Talk and the other for Treasure Talk and then have a week where the kids fill out slips of paper when someone says one or the other and put them in the proper cup. I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone that knows us that Trash talk completely kicked butt.
The kids think I just wanted to do this so I could hot-glue sequins to something. So true.
The kids did wisely point out that it was more fun to write down the mean things so maybe it isn't the perfect representation--let's hope.
The kids did wisely point out that it was more fun to write down the mean things so maybe it isn't the perfect representation--let's hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool idea! I think it's human nature for it to be easier to "trash talk." Not that it's ok, just that it's easier. Much like Melissa's catching more flies with honey blog.
Post a Comment