I was making a chocolate version of the Amish bread this morning and as I'm measuring out the milk, I kept pouring too much into the cup measure--so I'd pour it out, then see I'd poured out too much, add some more, same thing, over and over. Hopefully I didn't do this too many times because I was pouring the excess milk into the ingredient bowl, not back into the milk jug. :-) Oops. The kids have been after me to post one of my greatest dumdum moments. I think this happened when Jer was in Korea so I'll blame it on a heightened sense of panicky responsibility and early-onset dementia. I think I had all the kids at a park or something and all of a sudden I can't see Rose anywhere. I'm looking left, right, far, etc. and then I yell at one of the boys standing closest to me to find her and his face goes blank and he can't take his eyes off me. "GO!" I yell.
"Mom, you're holding her."
I look down and feel this huge relief sweep over me and then I started giggling. :-) It was either that, or cry.
2 comments:
That ROCKS!!! Your the best Linda.
You had me laughing so hard! Only because I have a many instances like that. I think it is just our maternal instinct to worry and we will do it at all costs!
Post a Comment