Now I just need the cousin gift list for Christmas so I can start brainstorming. I'm actually starting another couple of projects (not crochet) that will distract me from this for a while. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode with all the things I want to do--why does the laundry, etc. keep getting in my way!?
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Easter Cuties
I have been experimenting with making my own amigurumi patterns due to a lack of really cute ones being available for free. Most amigurumi patterns just seem to look like regular stuffed animals and some of them are not-so-cute. According to what I've read, one of the main things they are supposed to have is an over-sized head or some kind of distorting feature. I first tried my hand at making up a pattern by making this--
but I didn't write down any directions. Then I got the idea to make bunnies for the 3 younger kids for Easter after making Jen's elephants, but I had to come up with a pattern on my own. This time I did write down my directions since I was going to have to repeat it. They are named (by their recipients) Wesley, Lily, and Sparkles (left to right).
Wesley is my favorite because he is a chocolate bunny and he was the only one made with the softer yarn--I believe it's a chenille. I had to make all 3 of these in less than a week and it is true you can get callouses and blisters and probably arthritis from as harmless an activity as crocheting. The kids loved them so much, and have been carrying them around everywhere, so none of the ribbons made it through and then the girls demanded I finish off the faces. I'll have to see if Spencer wants a face on his. I like it faceless--looks more like an alien. :-) The kids now also want little outfits for them and I'm wondering if I could pull that off?
Now I just need the cousin gift list for Christmas so I can start brainstorming. I'm actually starting another couple of projects (not crochet) that will distract me from this for a while. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode with all the things I want to do--why does the laundry, etc. keep getting in my way!?
Now I just need the cousin gift list for Christmas so I can start brainstorming. I'm actually starting another couple of projects (not crochet) that will distract me from this for a while. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode with all the things I want to do--why does the laundry, etc. keep getting in my way!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those are all so cute, Linda. I can't believe you just made it all up on your own. That's talent! You need to start selling them!
How fast are you cranking them out? You are amazing. I din't know you could do this. You were holding out in Arizona.
These are so stinkin cute!
Cute! They are adorable. I like the nose and mouth on them.
Post a Comment