Hi-Fives! We're on our way!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Rea and Lo
I finished the prize for Jen pretty quickly. The hard part was getting them mailed off. I can never remember that the Post office here closes at 4:30 not 5. I named these elephants after Jen's girls but they are welcome to rename them of course.
I used a kind of yarn I've never worked with before so they will be much softer and cuddlier. Hopefully this kind of yarn will not shed and fall apart. I still am haunted sometimes by my friend Darsha's words when we were working on those schoolbags for needy children in Africa and she encouraged quality-work by saying (not exact quote)--"Do you want to be the one who made the schoolbag that poor child is carrying around so proudly while being filmed by CNN and have the bag fall apart and dump all the school supplies on the ground right then and there in front of the whole world?" :-) Anyway, hopefully they will be enjoyed--I had so much fun doing this, that I plan on doing it again soon. 
Hi-Fives! We're on our way!
Hi-Fives! We're on our way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So cute!
We received the package yesterday and I LOVE THEM!!!!!!! The girls do too of course but I totally want one for myself, but bigger! :) The yarn is perfect and is so soft. I'm going to post about getting them but my computer is being goofy and so it may be a few days. Just wanted to say THANK YOU and that we love them! You are awesome and if I was living in a third world country and CNN was filming about my girls, they would proudly wander around with these. And if they fell apart, it was only because of the love that they are giving them! :)
Those are SO cute! Lucky winner!
Thanks for using my wise quote.
Those are so cute. They look like good quality. "you done good".
Way cool! I got to play with them yesterday. Can you make a pig? My squadron flies the A-10 "Warthog" you see. Just wondering...
Post a Comment