Thursday, April 9, 2009
The Blog Book
I actually got my Blog book last week, way quicker than I expected. I can't believe how well it turned out considering all the crazy things I did with it. There were only a few places where I needed to be more careful with the print and the background because it is hard to read. Unfortunately one of those places is the front cover where it is hard to see the word "Howe" against the trees but it's not a big deal.
I am so glad we went camping with Mel and Josh that time because those photos were perfect for the cover. Here's the back.
What surprised me most was how good the pictures came out--I had that stinking warning come up on nearly every page about the picture quality not being good enough for the print but I did it anyway and I'm glad because it was awesome. I choose to do the removable cover because I really wanted the front and back flaps where I put "From Arizona" and "To Tennessee". I still can't believe the whole thing was only $60. And when I said it only took me 4 days to do the whole thing to my liking--I'm talking 4 days of doing nothing but the blog book. The house pretty much fell apart on me but it's all good now. :-) I highly recommend doing one of these--not only is the price great, the service quick, the experience a lot of fun, but you can officially claim you are doing your family history every time you blog because you now have some of it in print and not just in cyberspace. My favorite pages were ones were I used digital scrapbooking background pages as the "picture" background although I'm not sure that's totally legal but since I'm not selling my book, it doesn't matter (I think). Some of these pictures are sideways for some reason even though they are right on the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
those full picture pages are my favorites too! looks great!
hey, when can we go vting? i'm leaving out of town the 25th-29th. lmk.
I made one too after reading your other blog. I really enjoyed making it, too. I am so excited to get mine.
Love your book! I'm going to do lots more colors and backgrounds in my next book. I especially loved your black backgrounds with the white letters. You had some great scrapbook backgrounds too. I can't wait to see it in person!
It looks great! I am also glad that you post often! I can always count on reading something new and entertaining from you. If we could get the rest of the Howes to post more frequently (I need to post more too, for family history of course).
The book is awesome. I will have to step up my blog to make one of those books.
Post a Comment