Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's her lucky day

Hannah is such a lucky girl. She found a four-leaf clover in the yard...on St. Patrick's Day.
I tried this year to get into St. Patrick's day a little more. At least I had some ideas (mostly from Family Fun magazine) like dying the milk green and making little leprechaun footprints leading here and there and doing some kind of pot-of-gold thing but I guess I just really don't like St. Patrick's day so I did nothing more than making sure the kids were all wearing green and opening a little bag of shiny green shamrock coins for them to play with. All St. Patrick's has ever been to me is the day where if you don't wear the right color, you get pinched and bullied all the live-long day. How is that fun!?


4 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I started the day with good intentions too... We did have pancakes with pistachio pudding and cool whip for dinner (because I didn't get it done for breakfast), but that was the extent of it. I can't believe she found a 4-leaf clover on St. Patrick's Day even! You are bound to have good luck all year now!

6L's said...

lucky duck! i don't think i've ever found one, and on st patty's day, wow! lol, i was just saying on my blog about how all i remember is wearing green or getting pinched. who knew all this other hoopla was invovled w/leprechauns?? my kids sure did enjoy it though, lol!

Grandpa Howe said...

Thank heavens for my fluorescent green socks that I have had since high school. They are more holey than righteous but I wear them once a year to keep from getting pinched.

Darsha said...

She is so cute. Great picture.