Monday, March 23, 2009

Blurbing and Slurping

Favorite new distraction (for this week)--Blurb.com. I just realized I started blogging a year ago this month and decided to do what a couple of my friends have done and turn my blog into a book. Everyone kept telling me it was so easy but at first I couldn't figure out where the "slurp" button was. "Slurp" is a very fun word to say. It basically means this blurb program (which you have to download) can download all the information from your blog and put it in book form. First you have to choose the size of the book, then you pick the "blog to book" format. I only had to watch 3 video tutorials to finally realize that was how you downloaded your blog into a book. :-) Anyhow, once I did it, I realized it was very much like Shutterfly in that you can change the setup, background, material, etc. for every single page of your book and the cover. And once I started I couldn't stop so now, four days later, I'm done. I was really surprised at the cost too. Shutterfly books have been about a dollar a page and here I ordered this 140 pg. book for $50 plus an outrageous $10 for shipping. But still, it's about half the cost of Shutterfly and considering all the backgrounds and pictures I put in the thing--I think it was a really good deal. Now I just have to wait patiently to see it!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

So how much will you charge me to do mine?

6L's said...

holy cow! you did a years worth of editing in 4 days???? i'm impressed! my 192 page took me a month of free time! awesome, you're gonna love it! what i do now is add the new entries every week or so, edit and keep it up to date as i go so at the end of the year i can give it a once over and print! technology is a wonderful thing!!

snapie said...

That is awesome. I will have to check it out.

Grandpa Howe said...

Maybe there IS a future for "Tales of Atomic City".