Friday, January 16, 2009

We're C-c-c-cold!

Our high today was 18 degrees F. The low last night was around 0. We've lived in Alaska where it was once 38 degrees below zero so we shouldn't be having any problems, right? Well, they never cut our electricity off for 2 1/2 hours in the middle of the night when it was 0 degrees outside before!! Last night was not very fun--these houses are not built like the ones in Alaska. Driving today was interesting too. I don't drive Jer's Corolla much but I had to this morning and I had the defrost on to keep the windows from fogging up but it only kept the front windshield clear. All the other windows fogged up, then iced over and I'm having to use the scraper on the INSIDE of the window so I can see. No one else was having to do this so obviously this car needs help or I do--all I know is the punishment for the beautiful fall trees continues....

5 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I feel ya. Everyone around here keeps teasing me that I got in two little driving incidents when we had massive snow out here. They all say, "Didn't you live in upstate NY and Utah? Why can't you drive in snow??" Uhh because in those places when it snowed or iced they'd put salt down and plow. Here they never plowed and let 6 inches of ice build up in rutty roads. Big difference when you live in a place that knows how to handle winter.

Anne Osman said...

I am not looking forward to the cold their next winter. I am having a great time here in our mid 60 degree weather with lots of sunshine. Of course I have to sacrifice lots of trees and it being green to have this nice winter weather.

snapie said...

It is so crazy everywhere. Good to know so we will be prepared for it when we go...Not crazy , but Campbell:P

Darsha said...

Linda you burn more calories when your cold. So skip a few workouts, you deserve it.

Grandpa Howe said...

That's what you get for moving and taking our grandkids with you. :) I won't mention the 70 degree weather we've had here.