Friday, January 30, 2009

Too many ice cubes in the toilet

After the kids got their way getting out of school on Tuesday for the ice storm, they decided to repeat the 3 superstitions again Tuesday night only this time to flush more ice cubes down the toilet. They even went so far as to go outside and get icicles to flush down the toilet. And guess what. It worked. We had an actual snow day on Wednesday. So then I locked the freezer and the utensil drawer Wednesday night (they've got to go to school at some point, right?), but I couldn't stop them from wearing their pajamas inside out. School then started 2 hours late yesterday. This is some powerful tradition or maybe it was just a really big storm. It wasn't that bad for us since we never lost power and today as I was driving around, the tops of the trees were still coated in ice and the sun came out--can you say SPARKLE?! There's no chandelier in the world that could imitate that. I was in heaven until I realized that ice was melting and dropping ice shards onto the roadway and my windshield. (That's not my picture but that is what it looked like.)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I guess there's nothing like natural bling, huh?

6L's said...

funny you posted this...i just did something similiar...it sure was pretty!

Grandpa Howe said...

Cool, but I like Tucson better.