I haven't done a blog about Nick's birthday yet. His birthday was over a week ago but since it was on Sunday (the 18th), we did most of the celebrating on Saturday with the Clarks and on Monday with just our family. The Clarks were so awesome to come up so Josh could help when Nick was ordained a teacher. The boys have gotten used to having their Grandpa Howe and all their uncles there when special stuff like this happens so it really was great of Mel and Josh to come all the way up here.


Last Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. day so the kids were out of school. They actually might have gotten out of school anyway since we had some snow that morning.

This is the same morning--Nick just changed because we were going to Chuck E. Cheese and Golden Corral at his request. That is what he chose instead of birthday presents.

This is me being dumb enough to let Nick hold the camera for a minute so I could get the little kids in the car.

Little Rose.

So Nick used his video gaming skills to clean the tickets out of one of the machines and win this lovely giant kickball.

Then it was on to the kids' favorite restaurant. We get our money's worth that's for sure.

This is what we all looked like when we got back.

Then we had to burn off some calories so the kids spent the rest of the day sliding down the stairs in the sleeping bags that I hadn't put up yet from the Clarks visit. So I did it once too. It was a little painful.
2 comments:
Very fun - and so 14 year old! I admire his ability to get something of value from Chuck E Cheese. The most my kids have scored is a kazoo.
14 is SO much older than 13. I see what you mean though...60 sounds (and seems)tons older than 59. Anyway, great choice Nick and Happy birthday Rose this Sunday!
Post a Comment