Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Ice Baby


So it worked! I wore my pajamas inside-out last night too in a show of solidarity. It's more of an ice-day than a snow-day but inclement-weather day is too hard to say. I think this will be one of the kids' favorite things about Tennessee. I just hope they don't have to go to school until July to make up for it. As of right now, July is going to be insane for the older boys. With only a one day break in the middle, they will be going on a Youth Conference trip to Palmyra, then a 10-Stake Scout Encampment, then EFY in Bowling Green, KY. We pretty much won't see them in July, so here's hoping school won't go into June.


6 comments:

Miranda said...

Burrrrrr! It is fun to have a snow day! My kids keep praying for one. we always get snow on the weekends and holidays. Sounds like a fun summer you have planned.

Miranda said...

Dangit! I am still on mirandas acccount

Benjamin said...

Yet another reason to live in Southern Arizona! We don't have any water in the air to freeze.

snapie said...

I hope you all are alright . The news stories on these storms are scary!

Suzanne said...

We had ice storms like that in Georgia occasionally. It was cold, but I love the way the ice coats the little branches and all that...it's so pretty!

Hope you all had plenty of hot chocolate!

(By the way, the video teleconference with Jared was just us...they sent us in the big room and shut all the doors for our privacy. It was cool).

Grandpa Howe said...

I hear you had TWO days off. That voodoo is pretty powerful! I was in an ice storm in Maine once and thought I could get out and push the car. When I stepped out I fell right onto my butt/back. Staying inside was the best thing to do. I'll stay in Tucson thank you very much.