then used 1/4 of it, so it only cost 75 cents. That's better than an ugly bag from the dollar store any day. Of course, no one else will do this tomorrow so maybe she can just use it for burping cloths. It's a revolution ladies.
Friday, January 30, 2009
MY idea
I just had to blog about this because it is my very own idea. I didn't read it or see it anywhere and I think it's brilliant. I get to go to my first baby shower here tomorrow and I am going to start my own little tradition. This idea actually came from a Cub Scout meeting we had in Arizona once where Sis. Padilla was teaching the boys about the environment and not wasting paper. She said where she grew up, they never used wrapping paper at Christmas, they used newspaper instead. I can't do this because then the picture of the presents under the tree isn't so pretty (I am that shallow), but I have recently been irritated by the lack of cute wrapping paper anyway. Then I thought--What if you used fabric instead? I seriously thought about doing it this past year at Christmas but didn't. You'd have really cute wrapping paper (because all the cuteness is in the fabric these days) and it would be reusable in many ways. That brings me to the baby shower. What if ALL the sisters that came to a baby shower wrapped their gifts in super-cute baby fabric and then the ladies throwing the shower could use their skills or someone else's and put all the pieces into a quilt for the new baby! Isn't that brilliant? You could do the same with the Christmas wrapping-fabric and have a quilt for every year or make one and give it to the needy or something. Or just put the fabric away and use it again. It's much easier to store and move than wrapping paper. At first I was hesistant to give up my bling wrapping paper but have you seen the fabric bling? Sweet. For the shower I'm going to tomorrow, I bought this cute fabric for $3 a yard,
then used 1/4 of it, so it only cost 75 cents. That's better than an ugly bag from the dollar store any day. Of course, no one else will do this tomorrow so maybe she can just use it for burping cloths. It's a revolution ladies.
then used 1/4 of it, so it only cost 75 cents. That's better than an ugly bag from the dollar store any day. Of course, no one else will do this tomorrow so maybe she can just use it for burping cloths. It's a revolution ladies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
lol, you're funny! cute and great idea! unfortunately i can't make it to the shower but i'm sure trisha will love it!
I love it Linda and I have a lot of fabric around.
That is a super cute idea! I especially liked the quilt part of it.
How very clever! Other than your questionable taste in men, you really are spectacular!
You rock! I love the christmas quilt idea the most!!!
Post a Comment