Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Trees

This has been a long time coming. I finally had time to get out and get some pictures of fall trees from around our neighborhood. Many of them were taken by Nick who was hanging out the car window with my camera. He's such a good boy. :-) On Sunday when Pres. and Sis. Sager from the Nashville temple spoke in sacrament meeting, Sister Sager mentioned a beautiful red tree in the parking lot of the Nashville temple and how she wanted to get a leaf from it to press and keep. As she got closer she realized that all the leaves were different, some were brown, some had yellow on them, some were even green, none were a perfect representation of the brilliant red color--yet all together they made this awesome, gorgeous red tree. She likened that to the church members and how we are all so different, none perfect, and yet together we make up a beautiful, vibrant picture. I liked that so I had to share!This is the front of the temple. I just thought it was pretty.

This is the red tree in the temple parking lot in the center here. Very awesome.
This is the Nashville temple. Since we've never been this close to one ever, we are really getting to be fond of this one!Doesn't this look Christmas-y?
I think I'm going to have to say the red trees are my favorite!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I'm so jealous. I am waiting for your pictures of children throwing leaves in the air with an east coast fall to compare with my Arizona fall ones! :) I love that analogy by the Temple President's wife. Someday we will have a real fall.

Anonymous said...

The leaves are just starting to change here- many trees are changed already but not all of them. Fall is so cool looking and cool feeling (literally!)! Those temple grounds look awesome! I cannot wait to go there!!!!!!!!! Let's hope I get to!!!!!!!!!

Tamra said...

I'm with you Linda, I love the red leaves but the yellow are a close second! Thanks for shareing the analogy, just another reason to love the fall season.

Grandpa Howe said...

Fantastic! The only problem with living where you get a beautiful Fall is that it's followed by Winter...I don't do Winter.