Monday, November 17, 2008

Bento Boxes

I am probably the last person to know about these things but it's too hilarious not to blog about. I guess Bento boxes are some kind of Japanese lunch-box thing where the moms have basically lost their minds and put their hearts and souls into creating these incredible works of art out of these packed lunches so their kids can show them off at school (aka "my mommy loves me more than your mommy loves you"), then said kids destroy them by eating them. Once I started finding pictures of them on the internet, I couldn't stop. I just wish I could read Japanese since several times I came to a site and had no idea what link to click on. I guess the reason these appeal to me is that they encourage the use of healthy leftovers, they discourage the use of baggie-lunches which is good for the environment I'm sure, they could possibly get a picky kid to like eating veggies (we'll have to see on that one), and they are just really adorable. Actually you can do Bento boxes without being a complete lunatic but where's the fun in that?


4 comments:

Suzie Howe said...

WOW! I wish I had that much time to put in my kids lunches. Actually I make them pack their own lunches. Very creative though. There way cute but a little over the top.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! That would be great fun to do that! I wonder if it helps kids eat their lunch- it sure would me!

Dixie said...

Ok, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think I could eat these...I would spend my lunch time just looking at it!! They are neat...I wish I had that much time...I complain about the time it takes to write the check for lunch!!!

snapie said...

I am so making the pandas!!!YUM