And here's Nick after I ruined his life :-)....
Honestly, I don't think they look that bad, do you? I only showed Nick's before picture because he had the most hair. I told him he looked like a missionary when I finished and there was some grumbling about "I'm only 13, I have 6 more years before I have to...."--Whatever. Too late.
Honestly, I don't think they look that bad, do you? I only showed Nick's before picture because he had the most hair. I told him he looked like a missionary when I finished and there was some grumbling about "I'm only 13, I have 6 more years before I have to...."--Whatever. Too late. I also decided I really wanted to make some handmade Christmas presents this year without spending a lot of money. Actually without spending any money. I know people might be worried that we have their "name" this year now. :-) But really, what on earth could I do? Then I remembered one of my family's favorite gifts/keepsakes ever were these salt-dough ornaments made by Sis. Freeman from down the street. I don't know if my mom still has them but we loved them. I've never made salt-dough before but Family Fun magazine just had a recipe for it in their recent magazine. I started looking at pictures of wood or polymer clay crafts and realized I could simply copy them in salt-dough, bake them, them paint them. I have a little artistic talent (I know, I'm bragging again) so I figured it might just work. The first picture is a FHE activity where our family had fun. The second picture is all me.
Ha, ha! There is no second picture--you think I'm going to let you see your Christmas presents ahead of time? I don't think so.
Ha, ha! There is no second picture--you think I'm going to let you see your Christmas presents ahead of time? I don't think so.
8 comments:
This is Armani using my moms account.I know you are probably crying about how brutally short you think it is. But personally Nick, your hair looks alot better short. =b
Linda their hair looks great. maybe you should fly here and cut my boys hair. It would save me like 20$. think about it.
Yep, mom still has those salt-dough ornaments. Just make sure you varnish (or shellac them or whatever she did to give them that glossy sheen to protect them) after you paint them.
Home-made gifts are always great (especially the edible kind).
Your boys' hair looks great!
I love cutting my kids hair. It keeps the fear in them. MOOOHOOHAA! JK
I'm glad I have inspired you. I have been thinking a lot about the whole convenience myth. We have complicated our lives trying so hard to make them more convenient.
The boys' haircuts look great. Lesley has been cutting my hair since we got married and she cuts our boys' hair too. You save alot when you cut your own hair(travel to and from barber shop, cost of cut, tip)
Provident Living!
Linda, you are beyond clever!
Your boys look great, Ron has proved Howe men can be bald and still look great!
Funny..the boys are used to me cutting their hair and I hate it, because I always do a bad job, but they hate the time it take to go and get it done :( I'll have to post Travis' last hair cut, and the mohawk he was so proud of for about 5 minutes!!
Post a Comment