Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall is a ball ya'll

I am really enjoying this season. The trees are lovely,Sam's gave me a free pumpkin (and I figured out how to carve it right for the first time ever),Barbara sent us treat bags and popcorn balls (yay!),I cleaned the garage out enough to fit the Suburban in it so no more cold mornings when we (me and the little kids) have to take the boys to seminary, all the Christmas stuff is in the stores, 7000 troops will return here over the next few months (which will keep Jer very busy) and you can feel families getting excited, we got to vote (absentee in Alaska),we found out the movie theater at the mall charges people with military cards $5.50 for evening shows, it's been cold enough for hot chocolate and popcorn (now to find a good book to curl up with), my pumpkin maple bread and cinnamon banana bread was awesome, the Howe cousin gift exchange is up, and Christmas is coming! Even the kids are getting crazy.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am trying not to be jealous! People say how great it is to have "beautiful" weather year round like we have here, but I MISS FALL! Looks like things are going great for you guys. Next year we'll be the ones with a dad coming home from Iraq, so I'm really excited for all the people whose husbands and dads are on their way home now. Yay! This is my favorite time of year--all the way through December.
Great post!

Anne Osman said...

I love fall and am excited to be where you are next fall so I can enjoy fall weather and stuff, too. It is still in the 70's here. Your homemade breads sound so good. I really really miss bread (can't eat anything with wheat until I stop nursing).

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkin is cute! And those bread flavors are awesome! Can't wait for Christmas and your baking that I will get to try out. You guys must really miss the Howe's and all that cool family stuff they did! When I have kids, I'm going to force mom and dad to do family stuff with us because it sounds too awesome to miss.

Grandpa Howe said...

We missed you dearly at Halloween. the families stayed on the prairie so I went to the Palo Verde vs Santa Rita football game. Good game but boring Halloween. I love the fall colors too but not enough to live where it's cold.