I rarely follow tag rules so I won't be tagging 8 people or posting rules. I know, I'm a bad girl. It's why Jeremy loves me. :-) I do like the idea of posting 8 weird, random things about myself though. Perfect for posterity's sake. So here goes:
1. I hate, with an incredible intensity, scraping the lint off the lint screen of the dryer. If I can do it without my fingertips rubbing against the mesh, I can live. If my fingertips rub against the mesh, it is like fingernails down a blackboard, pain in the root of a tooth, and the agony of beginning to nurse a newborn (I bleed, I crack, I cry--and yes, I nursed all five ungrateful...I mean precious, precious cutie-pies)---all rolled into one. AARRGGHH!
2. I like lights. The sparklier, the better.
3. Mulan is my favorite movie of all time. I know this is unexpected. You're thinking, a cartoon? Really? Yes, really.
4. Whenever there is a truly touching love scene in a movie or book, my fingertips hurt. Does it get any weirder than this? Maybe this is why the lint-screen thing drives me mad. All my emotions are in my fingertips? :-) This rarely happens because most love scenes are really lame. One of my favorites is in the movie Ever After. It's nothing between the main characters. It's when that elderly man is freed by "Cinderella" and his wife sees him returning and they run across a field to each other's arms. Far more touching than any "love scene" based on hormones.
5. I have verbal dyslexia. I am constantly saying things to the kids like "Eat your dishes and do the dinner." I know everyone slips occasionally but half the time I don't know what I'm saying. Isn't that apparent?
6. I love marshmallow creme added to every Blizzard I eat now. (Thanks, Amy!) :-)
7. I can rarely let my husband drive the car when I'm in it. Everyone thinks this is because he is a bad driver. He's actually better than I am because he's not as uptight. After all, he's driven in Washington D.C. and Korea. It doesn't get much tougher than that. But, I actually can't stand anyone driving me anywhere. If anyone has ever driven me anywhere be assured I think you're a terrible driver too, I was just too polite to say so. :-)
8. Drum roll please....It is my secret desire to put together the most incredible cookbook ever (not to sell, just for posterity's sake). I get recipes, mess with them, get more, print pages and pages of stuff and stick them in random books and notebooks, create files all over my computer full of stuff to try that I then can't find later, jot stuff on index cards that are loose everywhere, stuff notes in cookbooks about how a particular recipe went, etc. One day I'll get my act together. And Lesley, seriously, give me that breadstick recipe. :-) Pretty please with whatever you like on top. I've got new RS sisters to crush with my awesome foods. Did I say that out loud?
I'd love to see everyone try this "Random Tag" out. Remember, we only get one chance at mortal life--let us know how wacky yours is! :-)
4 comments:
So the lights are the reason you like your bling! They are shiny. You do make good food from what I remember! I can see why you would like Mulan. Sometimes cartoons are better movies than normal movies- they are cleaner and with a better message.
You are so funny. My favorite is your fingertips hurting during a love scene. I totally agree with you on that Ever After scene--that one was way good.
I am exactly like you on the driving. I have to drive. Jared is kind of like that too, so I try to not be selfish, but it's hard!
Good stuff. As for your fingertip thing, I have a friend who swears her fingernails are claustrophobic. She can't have fake nails or really wear bandaids for long before they have to come off. Maybe you guys are on to something. :P
I am a woman and I rarely like to cook- rarely. I stress out to much about whether people will like what I am cooking. if I am cooking just for myself than its all good ...but when does that ever happen? The one thing i do like to cook is dessert. For you to compliment me on a recipe is big! I will get you that receipe girl!!
Post a Comment