I just want to make sure anyone who hasn't seen conference yet knows I am about to talk about it. My friend Darsha (on the side of my blog) lives in Korea and won't see conference for another week. Before I forget, I want to mention a few of the things that stood out to me. As always, once the talks come out in the Ensign, other things stand out to me but here are a few (or more) of my favorites (for now) from this weekend (and they aren't perfect quotes, just from my notes):
First of all--5 new temples! How awesome is that? Even Rome, Italy. Way, way cool.
Sis. Allred--"This is the Lord's work and He will help us do it."
Pres. Uchtdorf--"We cultivate hope one step at a time."
Bro. Causse'--"It would be unjust if the Gospel were available only to the intellectually elite."
Elder Christofferson--"We cannot wait for Zion to happen, we must create it."
Pres. Eyring--"We need to be more skillful peacemakers."
Elder Hales--"Meekness is not weakness."
Elder Hales and Sister Dalton both referring to Lehonti--a story I've never paid much attention to in the Book of Mormon.
Sister Dalton--"[People have become] consumers of vice rather than guardians of virtue. Virtue begins in the heart and mind."
Pres. Monson--"This is our only chance at mortal life."
Pres. Packer--He shared the incredible story of pioneers and their patriotism which struck a chord for me right now.
Elder Nelson--"Salvation is an individual matter, exaltation is a family matter."
Bro. Godoy--"To receive the witness of the still, small voice can be more important to our testimonies than the grandiose."
Pres. Monson--He ended conference with this brilliant alliteration--"Perservere in the pursuit of the most precious prize!"
Could it have been any more perfect?
3 comments:
I really enjoyed conference this year too - and even though I didn't get to digest everything very thoroughly (tough to do with the kiddos by myself - even though they were actually very good and even listened some).
I did come away with the desire to simplify my life in a big way. I have a raging desire to get rid of half our junk and live a much less consumer-oriented lifestyle. I'd been trending towards this anyway, but conference sort of sealed the deal for me.
Can't wait to read the Ensign when it comes out. (I'm always curious to know what the guys got at Priesthood too.) ☺
I totally agree! Conference was amazing. Everything that is said is so great, and the feeling of conference is just so...well, the spirit testifying of the truth, and making you feel all warm and safe inside. How could anyone deny that these are men and women of God?
My favorites were Pres Uchtdorf's on Hope, Elder Wirthlin's for the sheer humor and Elder Holland's on Angels...I cry every time I watch it (three times so far).
Post a Comment