First of all, cotton candy is awesome. Also, these tubs are #5 plastics which my mom told me are safe plastics last week. I was in Walmart when she called me on my cell phone last week and somehow we got on the subject of the new recommendations for plastics and she said only things with the numbers 2, 4, or 5 inside that little triangle on the bottom of plastics were safe. I had just put several gallons of water in my cart for our camping trip that had the #1 inside the triangle. I bought them anyway because I'm cheap. Ok, back to my story. So at Sam's we come across this package of 8 cotton candy tubs and the whole thing is around 5 and a half dollars. I checked the plastic and they have 5's in the triangle. Sweet. They even say that they are microwavable. I'd buy 8 containers with lids like these for more than $5 but these are full of fluffy sugar. It's a win/win. Rose was sitting in the back part of the cart so I put the cotton candy next to her. The entire thing was wrapped in plastic and she starts to poke holes in it. I was going to buy it anyway but I told her to quit. I like having the option of dumping stuff before I actually get to the register. She kept doing it--I kept telling her to quit. Finally, I tell her firmly (up til now it was a bit half-hearted) to quit because it's turned into one of those--it doesn't really matter if you poke holes in it/what matters is you're not listening to me and I can't let that go--things. So she stops, I get distracted by something, and when I turn around, she's back at it. I glare at her and she looks to the side of the cart at nothing, says, "Stop that!" and proceeds to tell me a dinosaur is making her finger poke holes in the plastic. She then has this whole conversation with the dinosaur and tries to make it behave. She failed as miserably as I did with her. :-)
Friday, October 10, 2008
Dinosaurs in Sam's Club
The other day we had a pretty good rainstorm in the middle of the day right when Rose and I got to Sam's Club. I decided we'd be best off by wandering around the store for a while until the storm passed. We found these awesome tubs of cotton candy.
First of all, cotton candy is awesome. Also, these tubs are #5 plastics which my mom told me are safe plastics last week. I was in Walmart when she called me on my cell phone last week and somehow we got on the subject of the new recommendations for plastics and she said only things with the numbers 2, 4, or 5 inside that little triangle on the bottom of plastics were safe. I had just put several gallons of water in my cart for our camping trip that had the #1 inside the triangle. I bought them anyway because I'm cheap. Ok, back to my story. So at Sam's we come across this package of 8 cotton candy tubs and the whole thing is around 5 and a half dollars. I checked the plastic and they have 5's in the triangle. Sweet. They even say that they are microwavable. I'd buy 8 containers with lids like these for more than $5 but these are full of fluffy sugar. It's a win/win. Rose was sitting in the back part of the cart so I put the cotton candy next to her. The entire thing was wrapped in plastic and she starts to poke holes in it. I was going to buy it anyway but I told her to quit. I like having the option of dumping stuff before I actually get to the register. She kept doing it--I kept telling her to quit. Finally, I tell her firmly (up til now it was a bit half-hearted) to quit because it's turned into one of those--it doesn't really matter if you poke holes in it/what matters is you're not listening to me and I can't let that go--things. So she stops, I get distracted by something, and when I turn around, she's back at it. I glare at her and she looks to the side of the cart at nothing, says, "Stop that!" and proceeds to tell me a dinosaur is making her finger poke holes in the plastic. She then has this whole conversation with the dinosaur and tries to make it behave. She failed as miserably as I did with her. :-)
First of all, cotton candy is awesome. Also, these tubs are #5 plastics which my mom told me are safe plastics last week. I was in Walmart when she called me on my cell phone last week and somehow we got on the subject of the new recommendations for plastics and she said only things with the numbers 2, 4, or 5 inside that little triangle on the bottom of plastics were safe. I had just put several gallons of water in my cart for our camping trip that had the #1 inside the triangle. I bought them anyway because I'm cheap. Ok, back to my story. So at Sam's we come across this package of 8 cotton candy tubs and the whole thing is around 5 and a half dollars. I checked the plastic and they have 5's in the triangle. Sweet. They even say that they are microwavable. I'd buy 8 containers with lids like these for more than $5 but these are full of fluffy sugar. It's a win/win. Rose was sitting in the back part of the cart so I put the cotton candy next to her. The entire thing was wrapped in plastic and she starts to poke holes in it. I was going to buy it anyway but I told her to quit. I like having the option of dumping stuff before I actually get to the register. She kept doing it--I kept telling her to quit. Finally, I tell her firmly (up til now it was a bit half-hearted) to quit because it's turned into one of those--it doesn't really matter if you poke holes in it/what matters is you're not listening to me and I can't let that go--things. So she stops, I get distracted by something, and when I turn around, she's back at it. I glare at her and she looks to the side of the cart at nothing, says, "Stop that!" and proceeds to tell me a dinosaur is making her finger poke holes in the plastic. She then has this whole conversation with the dinosaur and tries to make it behave. She failed as miserably as I did with her. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I've never had dinosaurs make me do things. I think she was lying. Besides, wouldn't you see the dinosaurs if you paid attention? It's not like they had invisibility cloaks like Harry Potter did...
She is too cute for words!
cotton candy. I Love cotton candy. Is it really good(like you can't taste the sugar crystals)does it melt in your mouth? If it was good I would eat it no matter what plastic it was packaged in. Your lucky I wasn't there. Rose wouldn't have needed the dinosaur to open it for her.
I have to say this plastic scare is sad. So sad that i now need to worry about the water I buy. I thought i was being so healthy choosing water. I never knew the plastic it was in was going to kill me. That really sucks!
okay that is the best excuse ever! The dinasaur made me do it, classic!
Post a Comment