Saturday, September 13, 2008
Third time's the charm
I can't believe this. Actually I can. I just can't believe I'm so dumb. Hannah broke her left arm again today for the third time. Not the third time today. Just the third time. The first time was during an infamous family home evening. Second time was at school on the monkey bars. Today was on the trampoline which we've had up for exactly two weeks. I foolishly caved in to Nick being allowed on the trampoline because he was so upset at it being "just for the little kids". I'm sorry, but he's actually over the weight limit all by his little self. Anyway, making a long story short, he bounced Hannah really high and either her arm hit his foot real hard (his story) or Nick landed on her arm (her story). Either way, her arm was broken and she'll be getting a cast put on Monday morning. When Jer told the doctor that her 13 year old brother hurt her on the trampoline, they wanted to know how big he was so Jer tells them the truth--he's taller than Jer (this just happened this week and it's only by about 1/4 of an inch but Nick really is taller) and he weighs more--their mouths drop open either in shock at the O'beasts stats or the fact that this little girl's parents are so dumb they let him jump on the trampoline with younger siblings. My new rule is Nick can only jump with Spencer...although about an hour ago Spencer came in crying because Nick kept making him try to flip and Spencer ended up smacking his knee into his teeth...will my stupidity never end???!! Will Nick's path of destruction never end? Stay tuned. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's tough that whole, too young and too old - especially on the tramp. We have a similar situation here because our neighbors who we love and basically share a backyard with (by choice) have 5 kids ages 5-11. The oldest 3 are boys. Luckily we have a netted in trampoline (that has a weight limit of 500 lbs - specially purchased for the husband) and the neighbors have a non-netted tramp. We let the big kids go on the non-netted tramp since they use my net as WWF time. Any time all 8 of the kids get on together (yeah, I know - we shouldn't ever let it happen - but it does) within seconds the 11 year old has taken someone out. And he's easily half the size of Nick. So... is getting two trampolines an option. ☺
I'm sorry for Hannah's cast...
Why is Spencer the sacrificial lamb :) Don't you love being parents, nothing like learning on the job and re-learning and learning again! Give Hannah a hug for me, she is a tough girl!
Nick should have his own trampoline...with a padlock!
I have to comment here because I realized that it does sound really bad that I let Nick jump with Spencer still--like I don't care what happens to him. Spencer had a fit when we said Nick could only jump by himself and complained that the trampoline was no more fun/use because the girls are lame and he's now vowed to never use it again. After the knee to the teeth incident (he was fine but...), I finally put my foot down and the big kids cannot jump with the little kids--period. Hopefully Spencer will come around but for now, he's still mad at me--so I must be doing something right finally!
Aww, poor Spencer! Jumping with big brother's is soo much fun, but I think he will come around for the love of jumping!!! How long will Hannah have her cast?? With a weapon like that she should be safe jumping with Nick, right!?! Only kidding I am a mom too, big kids by themselves sound safe, boring, but safe. :)
Post a Comment