Monday, September 15, 2008

T & A

Tonsils and Adenoids of course! Spencer will be getting his out on October 8th! I had to make the appointment for the Wednesday before Fall Break because he has to be out of commission for 10 days and this way he'll only miss 3 days of school. He was all mad about his Fall Break being messed up--but when I told him it was this or Christmas, he caved. We've known for a long time he has issues with his breathing--I even took him to a doctor in AZ for it but when said doctor told me it was my choice whether he had the surgery or not, I summoned all my medical expertise (nada) and decided any doctor who would ask the opinion of an idiot (myself) whether to do surgery or not was an even bigger idiot and I could not risk him operating on my son. I only had to spend one night with Spencer in my room when we moved out here and that was enough (all five minutes before I made Jer take him out--don't worry, we were at Aunt Ginny's house and she let him sleep downstairs in her sitting room). How Jer, Ron and the boys got any sleep that whole trip is beyond me. Jer's advice to me when I first starting complaining about him that night was --"Fall asleep really fast, then you won't notice it". Really? Who wouldn't notice a jetliner landing in their room in the middle of the night? Hopefully the little guy will finally know a good night's sleep soon.

3 comments:

Grandpa Howe said...

Bekah, aka Darth Vader, should be joining him soon. She saw a doc last week. If Babs told me if/when the surgery is scheduled I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Anne Osman said...

I have had my share of not very good specialists. I just saw an allergist for Owen and I felt like I knew more than he did (I resaerched for hours on the internet). Half the stuff he said I knew wasn't true. According to him there is no pollen here. Yeah right! I could go on but I won't bore you. I hope everything goes well with his surgery.

Dixie said...

Not fun at all!! Both Travis and Brian were there. all I can say is good luck and get a bucket!! Not fun at all!! The firt 2 days are bad! But they are never sick and they do not snore anymore, awesome, since I enjoy my sleep!! And now Lucas is showing signs of needing them yank as-well, that thrills me in ways you can not know! Should be awesome, can't wait get your tickets now for the theatrics, should be a gret show :)