Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Promised Land

Josh and Mel had the awesome idea for us all to go camping this weekend. We found a place just south of here that was perfect. Jer got to use his canoe for the second time in a week and we had a ton of fun. This place is really growing on me.

These two were joined at the hip the whole time.

Literally.
The name of the place we went was the Harpeth River Bridge Campground. Very picturesque. There were only 15 campsites at the place and one side of the loop had the campsites right on the river. Our sites were near to the "pond" which connected to the river. Couldn't have been better.

Us fierce women showing our stuff.
Morgan getting really tired of us showing our stuff (maybe it had something to do with all of our circles--huh, Mel?) :-)
It's so great that the boys still have an uncle to beat them up.
And they will always have each other.

Her eyes were so blue here, just wanted to add the picture.
Lilly handing out some cattails. I haven't seen those in years.



The remnants of an awesome breakfast.
Mel's homemade applesauce deserves its own picture. She says it is a French recipe and it is unlike anything I've ever had and it was SO delicious. I must have this recipe.
Dan is walking!
This is the cutest picture ever!
This picture is actually from this past Monday when Jer had the day off and we went to Cheatham Lake. Jer is fussing at me to not mess with this rope--this is me being naughty. These two are just precious. I love that they get along so well.
Miss America practice wave.
Thank goodness Josh is such a camping expert!

Thanks for the awesome time Clark family! We'd do it again in a heartbeat.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun I miss all of you guys. I feel so bad since I haven't blogged in so long no ons has looked at my blog. I've changed everything on it. I don't mean to sound "Whiny" but could you look at it?





(Hobbitshowe.blogspot.com)THANKS I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are having a blast up there! That water looks good enough to dive into the computer screen for!

Benjamin said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I wish I were there to help beat up on those boys.
Our kids keep bugging us to go camping. They don't realize that we are, every night!