Would I eat something made with human breast milk? OK, this was my biggest quandry yesterday (I was ill and spent most of the day on the sofa with NO tv). Don't worry, this was just a newstory I came across http://www.wnbc.com/news/17539627/detail.html...I don't have any breast milk to experiment with (eww, gross). I guess PETA wanted Ben and Jerry's to quit using cow's milk and use human milk instead. Once I finished laughing, I started thinking about it. We switch from a human to a cow at around a year old. Sure some people do soy or goat's milk or whatever but the majority do switch to the cow at a year. Everyone seems to say nowadays that milk is so bad for you--from cow hormones to the plastic jugs they put it in. Milk here cost $3.64 a gallon at Walmart ($2.19 at the commissary--blessed place) so how much can a woman produce a day? Not a clue. Somewhere on the internet it said women couldn't produce milk 10 years after having a baby because they aren't animals. Only cows can do this? Ok, now I'm laughing so hard I can't keep typing. Not because of what I just said but because of something else I just found. In the Yahoo! Answers thing, after this whole discussion how women who adopt are able to eventually breastfeed through stimulation, and post-menopausal grandmas can breastfeed, someone said men can breastfeed, they just don't because babies are disturbed by chest hair. Oh my gosh.... Too funny. Ben and Jerry's bowed out with the comment that "Mother's milk is best for their babies." So I guess we won't be having any dilemma over this anytime soon. BUT, I still think it's fascinating and revolting at the same time.
"Aww, man, mom, there's no milk left for my Fruity-O's!"
"Hang on, let me go express some for you dear, be back in a jiff."
or even better:
"Too bad son, make your own darn milk, just ignore the chest hair in it."
What would you do? (Maybe spending a day on the couch isn't such a good thing for me to do.) (Also, getting answers from the Yahoo thing is not a great idea.)
7 comments:
Linda that was hysterical and a little repulsive at the same time. I enjo breast feeding my babies but the whole family I don't think so.
That is hysterical. It's rather liberating when your baby stops breastfeeding and you suddenly have your "body" back to do with it as you please. But having to express milk for teenagers or even when they are married and have children, NO WAY. Could you imagine having to provide milk at a wedding reception or huge family dinner. Yikes! :)
I say let the cows have the job. I mean hey, they work for free! How much do you think you'd have to pay someone to pump enough milk to be able to stop using cow's milk? Pumping is a lonely, hateful chore. Ha! I don't think I'd ever. eat. anything. that came out of a human body. Yuck. That's like saying "thirsty? come lick my sweat." Gross.
You get the most-interesting-post-of-the-day award.
I quess you would really cry over every spilt cup of milk, and if i expressed it you darn well drink it, especially if it had my chest hair in it.
this is from Harold
WOW!! I think maybe I could get Marcus to go along with the "breast is best" thing, but I think that Travis and the rest of the family would just freak!! This was so funny and way to much time to think on the matter!!hee-hee....I would say I would pass on the Ben and Jerry "Mother Cream" and some how I think that "I scream, You scream, We all scream for Mom's cream" would take on a way different meaning!! :)
The best thing about breast milk is that it comes in such cute little packages.
O.K. I was already crackin up but man,I LOVE GRANDPA HOWE! That has to be the funniest comment ever!
Post a Comment