This is more a post to remind myself what my future plans are. I just got my associate's degree this past spring after being out of high school (and married) for 16 years. From start to finish, my associate's degree took 10 years. Literally it only took 5 semesters but I've had a lot going on. My youngest will be in Kindergarten in a couple years and I hope to be able to finally get my bachelor's degree then. I did most of my associate's degree online but since I really want to do something specific for my bachelor's degree, that's just not an option. It's also not an option to throw my youngest in daycare so I can work on my degree so I'll just have to be patient. The University of Alabama at Huntsville

has the degree I want so Mel and Josh, believe us when we say we REALLY want to get there. It's a BA in Russian (FLIT) degree. FLIT means Foreign Language and International Trade. I'm going to try to learn some Russian on my own before I start but I think it would be so awesome to get to take Russian in Huntsville. With the space station stuff there, I'm sure there would be a good Russian base. I've always had a fascination with all things Russian and have taught myself their alphabet numerous times.

And I find all aspects of international marketing and trade/business to be very engrossing so I hope things will work out and I'll get to work on a degree that merges the two things I have the most interest in.
3 comments:
Wow, that's awesome! I'm quite impressed, Russian seems like a lot to take on. But yes, a fascinating degree subject. Good luck!
Maybe we'll both be "Chargers" then, 'cause I ordered my transcripts to see what it's take to get a MS in Electrical Engineering her as well... hmmm.
P.S. Our neighbors said it's possible that they could get orders elsewhere as early as next summer... they'll be selling and it has a pool and I'll let the boys use the riding mower! I got to go inside... it's lovely and they converted the old two car garage to a huge family room.
I have performed a few baptisms in russian so, if you ever need to know the first few words of the baptismal prayer in Russian, let me know.
For the school part, though, I have to say "YUCK". I never want to do that again!
Post a Comment