Thursday, August 7, 2008

Holy Cow, we're here now!

I just got internet back about an hour ago! (We moved in on Saturday but forgot to get the internet set up right away). Jer is at Rossview (the boys' high school) with the boys checking into football right now and I beat him to the internet. Ha! Schools here thankfully start tomorrow and just for a half day. If it had been Wednesday (yesterday) as we originally thought, we would have been toast. This was officially a tender mercy. Our house is still a wreck and I think I may never recover but in all honesty, the move went a lot better than it could have. I recommend NOT doing a DITY unless you are full of energy, organization, emotional stability and so on. It is not for the faint-hearted. I need to do a new hero list at the top of which would be my father-in-law Ron. He drove a big truck pulling our smaller car on a trailer for four solid days and the only thing he has to show for it are bruises from the spider monkeys. We love you and thank you for everything you did! There are many other people I need to thank on here but for now I have to run and find out the boys' bus routes, get school supplies, blah, blah. Did you know Tennessee has a tax rate of 9.5%?! Early morning seminary doesn't start 'til Monday thank goodness. I will have to post pictures of our rental (which is way awesome) and some other stuff soon.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

HI Linda!! Glad to see you back. I know what a relief it is to be able to get online. =) I can't wait to see pictures! I hope you got a way better place than the dump we're in. Moving sucks. But hey, things will be good. I'm glad you all made it alive.

Dixie said...

glad to see you all made it! I can't wait to hear all about Tennessee we miss it a lot! Seems like everyone is adjusting, how's the humidity!?! :) Nothing like the good old South

Anne Osman said...

Glad you guys made it. I know DITY moves are a lot of work, but the money you can make is totally worth the effort. Can't wait to see pictures of your rental.

Suzanne said...

Okay, I just saw that Jeremy had posted about the rental so I checked it out. It's beautiful!! So green and a live, and huge, and perfect! I'm totally excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you survived your trip! That is great about school not starting so soon and then only for half a day. In Utah, they had half days each Friday. Is it the same there? Good to hear from you again!

Grandpa Howe said...

It was my pleasure. I would do it again it a New York (or Atomic City) minute. I love you guys (even the spider monkeys). Enjoy your new home. It is worth all the effort.