OK, one of the coolest things we got to see was Jupiter in opposition or occupation or occlusion or whatever. I have been very interested in astronomy as certain times of my life so this was a lot of fun for me even though I can't remember a darn thing about anything I may have learned at any given time. All I know is the week we were at camp, Jupiter was closer to us than it will be for another 40 years and one night Bro. Taylor (shown here during the day showing everyone the sun through the solar-scope) got out this big 'ol telescope and showed that to us. I could make out the bands on Jupiter and four Jovian (what now!--I remembered something) moons lined up to the sides of Jupiter. It was way cool.

Ok, Tina is very hard to get a picture of. She seems to have a sixth sense as to when a camera is near and disappears accordingly. BUT, she couldn't get out of skit-night as she was the asst. Stake Camp director. All the women in this picture were absolutely incredible and worked harder than I hope I ever have to in my entire life!
We had some incredible rainstorms while we were there but plenty of great weather and more importantly--we were in well-built cabins so all was well. Here's my best double rainbow shot but I wish I had gotten a picture of the huge group of girls who decided to run across the field to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I was a cabin leader for the first level girls. Here are most of them anxiously awaiting their turn on skit night. The skits were priceless. I just wish I had a video camera.
Ok, here's my precious Ninja and her lovable sidekick. These two need their own tv show. Again--priceless.
Still another shot of skit night. I didn't really know these girls but that cone-hair deserved a mention.
Here's the evil slip-n-slide that harmed my precious Ninja. I spent most of the last day with the downed Ninja trying (along with the awesome nurse) to keep her awake until the doctor-bishop arrived. Just so you know Hannah, I have NEVER given anyone a foot massage. You owe me, girl. :-)
This was taken on the way to camp. The girls were so excited, they wanted to smell the trees!
Here is one of the games the girls played. I think they had fun but I just had fun watching them.
Here is me and my visiting teaching companion of the last 3 years! Elke and I are a match made in heaven. She, with her awesome goodies, and me, with my awesome goodie-consuming self. She was a cook at camp and also worked harder than I hope I ever have to in this life. You and Tina are awesome!
I thought I should post a picture of what the area looked like for whoever might be interested. It was beautiful.
And here is one of my sweet first-years posing by the camp entrance after our 5 mile (which was supposed to be 3 miles) hike. As is usual for me--I can't right some of my pictures and this is one of them.
Anyway, camp was awesome and I hope I get a chance to go to another one someday!
6 comments:
Yay! I miss you all. Let's all pick somewhere to live and go there. Or maybe just vacation together. I'm still kinda bummed that you aren't at Riley so that I'd be able to visit in Oct and Feb. Sad for me.
It looks like so much fun. I'm glad I got to see some pictures to go with the stories you were telling me. I'm happy you are back up and blogging. We have missed you.
Girls camps is always soo much fun, and the girls always come away a little taller, it looks like this one was no exception!
I love girls camp! I don't think it matters to much where you go to camp. The spirit always seems to be there and the girls have a blast.
Love the girl's camp pictures. They take me back to my days at camp. Miss you guys! It's werid going to church on Sunday and not seeing you in your seats.
The place looks lovely. I can't believe you guys have your own LDS camp there! Lucky! The Girl's Camp I remember the most is the one where you were the leader or something and it was just our ward. Those were strange times.
Post a Comment