Thursday, August 14, 2008

A little bit of this and that

Just thought I'd post a bit about what I've been doing lately. Unpacking and organizing box after box and room after room! We are just about down to the garage. We have way too much stuff. We purposely did not purge before moving because our weight limit (what the army would pay us to move anyway) is 14,000 lbs and we needed as much weight as possible. Once the trucks were weighed I believe the total we got was 13,750 about. Jer got 1000 lbs. in the Suburban too so we actually made our weight. But now we are having to go through everything and begin the great purge. Moving so much (Army life) is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, then doing the reverse, and so on, over and over and over. It was fun when I was young and energetic--not so much now. Hey, speaking of how decrepit I am, I'll be 34 on Saturday which is insane. I still feel as goofy as I did at 17. I guess I better be 34 now that I have a 15 year old. :-) The kids are doing well so far with their new schools and Jer will finally sign in to Ft. Campbell tomorrow. So real life is about to officially begin. I've managed to watch a little bit of the Olympics with my rabbit ears so that's been a nice distraction. Except now I am more aware of the news and I sure hope we aren't about to go to war with Russia. Let's see, what else did I do this week. I washed Jer's cell phone so I ended up with the free replacement so he can keep his upgrade. My phone is a hot pink one with the purple lights inside. Everyone knows how I love my bling so although the phone isn't as great as the one I washed (in my opinion)--it's pretty, so I'm happy. Yesterday our dinnertime was a little psycho. All I remember is Rose running around yelling "I want to fart! I want to fart!" and Hannah screaming at the top of her lungs. Ok, normally this (the flatulence comment) wouldn't really be allowed but Rose was fighting with someone over a whoopie cushion I had bought on our trip out here (I bought 3 originally but the kids are a little rough on them). At the same time, Hannah was having a meltdown at dinner because we wanted her to eat her veggies before we'd give her a second taco. Anyway, maybe this whole move and starting school so suddenly came to a boil because she lost her mind and had a bit of a fit. I finally went upstairs to her room where she'd been banished to discuss this with her and she says tearfully--"If we just hadn't had tacos, we wouldn't be in this mess." How true, how true.
Oh yeah, I had a few pictures from the move out here I wanted to post. Here is my Second Coming picture. I took this one of the nights we were in guest housing at Ft. Huachuca.

This is also from guest housing at Ft. Huachuca. Spencer was a little bored.
This is one of those priceless moments that you'd never see if either participant was even remotely aware of what was going on. :-)
And here's the photo Jer wanted but can't have because I took it. Nick learned how to fly! He actually ended up with bruises from all his belly-flopping. As for the move--It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I'm just glad it's over!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who still feels like a teenager! Belly-flops. Those bring back memories. They hurt! I cannot wait for you to upload pictures of your new house and the rooms in it!

Lesley said...

Thirty four never looked so good! Congrats on the birthday and living through the move! As for going through your stuff, when in doubt just pitch!

Dixie said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!! I was thinking about you when we were singing happy birthday to Lucas today, you were our awesome friend who came to our rescue 6 years ago, THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!(and on your birthday too,wow!) When did the kids get so big?!? Brian and Madi sleep like that in the car, maybe I should get a photo to show them that they really do like each other! Great pictures...I can almost see Nick's wings :)

Harold said...

Linda, you old hag!Happy birthday.
It is fun to read your blog. Have you seen what the teens are talking about,and the "vlogs". Are you kidding me. Kids these days.
Props on the pic of nick flying. You have got talent.