Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Poor Daddy
Jer has been getting the bum rap at Hannah’s school lately. I have been taking advantage of the fact that Jer doesn’t have PT in the morning to do my running and leaving Jer to get Spencer and Hannah ready for school and on the bus every morning. At first, I got them all ready, then Jer just had to get them to the bus. I got brave last week and left a list for Jer and went on my way. It’s getting hotter here and I need to leave earlier. Halfway through the school day, I get a phone call from the nurse telling me my daughter has huge blisters on her feet from her shoes and they are having to put gauze and bandages on her feet and I need to bring her new shoes. Me—“What? What shoes does she have on?” Reply—“These little black patent leather shoes”. My reply—“Oh, her dad got her ready for school today and she knows she has outgrown those.” Suddenly the nurse decides she has a pair of shoes Hannah can wear and I don’t need to come down there anymore. Interesting. Jer can’t be held responsible because Hannah was using the fact that he was home and clueless to wear a pair of shoes she knows she isn’t supposed to. She has been having an issue with giving her outgrown clothes to Rose lately. So this week rolls around, I got brave again on Monday and I thought all was well until I watched Hannah walk home from the bus stop. She was walking like a cripple. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong until she got closer and I see she has on these purple Hello Kitty mules that are even smaller than the black patent leather shoes! There is no back to these, so she spent all day walking around with an inch or two of her feet hanging out. Once again, she knew she wasn’t supposed to wear them, but used Daddy’s unawareness to get her way. I’m sure she just told her teacher (when her teacher surely asked why she was wearing shoes that were way too small)—“Oh my daddy got me ready this morning.” And then the school rolled their eyes again. Poor Daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My word! If she's doing that already then you are going to have your hands full when she becomes a teenager! I can't remember, is that the type of thing you did?
Maybe it is not Hannah at all maybe it is Jer's way of getting out of this new job.... :) i wathced this King of Queens episode once (probably the only time I have watched the show) and his wife gave him a list to get at the grocery store and he botched it up on purpose so he wouldn't be asked again. I have found the best way to get a home improvement project done is to call Benjamin at work and ask "do you know where the hammer is?" It works everytime.
Post a Comment