Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How you know it's really windy

There is some kind of crazy wind down here today. I went for a run this morning which quickly turned into a walk because I could barely move as those gusts swept through. By the time I was lurching back up Colonel’s row like a drunk, I was sneezing and choking and tears were streaming down my face. It was bad. But the way I knew it was really windy was when I got home and I’m thinking, what’s this in my teeth? I didn’t eat breakfast yet, did I? No, my teeth were just full of grass clippings and whatnot :-). I should’ve taken a picture. Some people blog about their adorable kids, I enjoy discussing the gross stuff in my mouth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was some wind! I have never had stuff blown into my mouth before. Ewwww!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

OH MAN you should have taken a picture. That would have been the best ever. I tried running/walking/existing in that wind once with the double jogging stroller. I think I made it a block. The stroller became a 60 pound kite. Very bad.

Suzanne said...

Ugh, I'm really getting sick of the wind, too! I took the van to vacuum it out at the shopette, and I was wearing capris. Now I have little pock marks on my lower legs where they got repeatedly blasted with dirt and little rocks while I stood outside. Still, nothing compares to having grass clippings in your mouth. Nasty! I can't stand it. It needs to stop.