Sunday, May 18, 2008
A couple of rocking websites
First I have to show my appreciation to the folks at ClustrMaps.com. I’ve added one to my blog after seeing it on someone else’s because I just think it is cool and I love clicking on the little map to see the big one. Only last time I did this, there was some foul ad on the side that showed a half-naked woman. Not what I want to see or for any of my family or friends to see. So I emailed ClustrMaps just to share my disappointment and annoyance but was not really expecting them to do anything. In a few hours I had a response and they turned the ads OFF of my ClustrMap thing. They are awesome. I was very impressed. But the website of the week award has to go Trulia.com. This was not a site I’d heard of until we found out we were moving and in our mad search to find houses, I stumbled across Trulia.com. It is the coolest thing. You can type in the city and house price range just like other sites but they have this “balloon” map that you can expand and just roll over houses in your price range. You can also zoom in and out and shift the map and it rechecks for houses in your range. Plus, (and to me this is huge) whatever house you are looking at, it will bring up comparable homes for sale AND ones that have sold recently. I can pull up what sold and when--including earlier sales. It is so awesome. They have heat maps where you can see what areas are hot and what things are averaging at. I have not even registered with them and have been able to access all sorts of stuff like this. Anyone who is selling or buying should check this site out—it’s great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bravo for standing up for the right, and good job to ClustrMAps for listening! I am counting that one for the team!
Post a Comment