Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ft. Campbell it is (I just know it this time) :-)

I knew I shouldn't have blogged about moving. Being in the Army is too nutso for that. If nothing else, I guess it can provide entertainment for the "where does Linda think she's going this week?" game. So, quite unexpectedly, the EFMP check for Riley was turned down. Back to Ft. Campbell it is. I'm quite a bit happier about this because instead of being all alone in Kansas, we will be much closer to my parents and apparently to Mel and Josh, who may be moving close to there (?). We are looking at houses in Clarksville, TN although Ft. Campbell is officially in Kentucky. Can I just say the difference in houses (prices) from here to there is astounding. Especially considering our BAH (money they give us if we choose to live off post) is only $100 different or so. I'm going to have to post one of the houses we think we love there and it's counterpart here at some point.

Above is a picture I found of the Tennessee Valley--looks a little fake, but still pretty.
And here's a picture I found of Clarksville, even though I'm sure it's just someone's random property and the actual town looks a lot different.

Let's just say, I'm really hoping things get finalized soon because I can't take much more of this, especially if we are moving at the end of July which is in just over 2 months.

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Its absolutley beautiful! How perfect that you guys will be so close to the clarks! I must say the girls are very sad to be missing both sets of cousins. You and Jer must be giving each other high fives for not having to sell in this market!!!! I wish I could do the same!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

They did an EFMP clearance on a CONUS move? How very interesting. I'm determined to get to the bottom of the criteria for EFMP clearances because we are in the middle of fighting an EFMP battle ourselves. I refuse to let them tell me we can't go to this one place yet to be named because I don't want to jinx it (although they already have denied us once) when they let us come to Huachuca and go to Drum where the care was much worse then what we'd encounter in this location. I'm in a dither about this whole thing.

Did they give you details on the denial or just say "no dice"?

Suzanne said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. Especially picture number two, that's a dream! Good luck with all the finalization, I know I wasn't able to totally relax until we had the official orders. Glad you'll be close to your family!

Scott said...

Wow! Those pictures are beautiful. I want to live there. I guess we will have to be happy with just visiting you guys.

Suzie Howe said...

That last comment was me not Scott.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is even better than Kansas! You'll be a lot closer- only five or six hours away. We'll get to see you! It is beautiful up in those areas.

Tina said...

I can't say that I'm not happier about this move for you. That's where we were baptized, so I may be a bit biased. For years Strati has had requests for him there, so you never know...................... It's been over 10 years since we lived there (visited 4 years ago) but just in case the housing falls thru, I know this 'great' mobile home park with 1 or 2 bedrooms. Let me know!

Jen said...

After seeing those pictures, I am so jealous. It's gorgeous. I've been wanting to live back east for as long as I could remember. Trees, grass, barns....sounds fabulous.

Marrian said...

Hey Linda! I'm so excited for you to go to Campbell. As a missionary I got to serve there and LOVED it! You are so close (in military terms) to many fun places. And it is BEAUTIFUL there. Good luck to you!