Monday, May 12, 2008

Kansas it is (probably, most likely...well, as likely as the Army makes things)

This is now my desktop background. Jer accepted the assignment to Ft. Riley this morning since the guy that moves band guys around told him it was this or Ft. Campbell. Our report date is August 10th so at least we won't miss my SIL Sarah getting married. I have to admit being shocked and maybe you can tell by this picture--not particularly excited. Guess it's time to start making more lemonade, right, Shar? :-)

6 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

WOOOOHOOOO!
I was just there! Ok, just as in back in February. And its... ummmm... well.... um.... Kansas!

Live in Manhattan. Or on post. Post really wasn't bad. Manhattan was a college town (KSU Wildcats baby) that is small like SV but quality. I'm going to be that the schools in Manhattan are the better schools. I think you'd really like it actually. DON'T live in Junction City under ANY circumstances.

Looking on the bright side, you'll see T and I again! ☺ T will spend at least a few weeks there in February '08 on redeployment. I'll be out there to see him come home. I know that makes you excited. We'll make lemonade together.

Anyway, there's a good mall and all kinds of stuff being as it's a college town but it's smallish too. I actually think it's the Howe's kind of joint.

T just IM'd me and told me that the band building is really cool and is in the old part of post. Jerod will play at T's homecoming!!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Actually, I just wrote that and then realized for the millisecond that we had orders to Riley on the orders itself it actually said there was no availablility of quarters on post good luck SUCKER... or something like that.

Live in Manhattan.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

And I just called your husband Jerod, but really I meant Jeremy...
but I'm an IDIOT of epic proportions. Sorry. He doesn't have to play at my husband's homecoming anymore.

Anonymous said...

Kansas! I must say I never thought you'd end up there. That's the mythical land of Dad's upringing. Well, at least you'll be closer to us!!!!

Suzanne said...

Well I know I said it in your email, but I'm super glad we'll already be gone so that I don't have to get all depressed over you leaving. Still, it would be funner (I used that word on purpose) if we could still somehow be in the same ward/band. Oh well. If you link to Linda M. on my blog her husband is the current commander for the band so you can get a sneak peek into her life without her knowing. (hee hee) She's great, and she has an 8 (I think) year old daughter named Hannah. But you sure didn't get a lot of notice! At least this means Jeremy isn't off to Korea again any time soon, right? (Right?)

AND, that picture is just menacing. Yikes. I hope you have a storm shelter or something.

Lesley said...

Wow! Man I can't believe that you move so soon! What an adventure! I am kinda jealous of the change that you get to experience. I have never left the 857's zip code that is! Now blogging is even more important, what a great thing you have started!