Saturday, May 10, 2008

Duct tape in the drive-through

Last night was the father/son campout so I was home with my two sweet girls. Of course, I had to do something fun for them since they don’t get a cool annual activity like this and they (Hannah) were not happy. I drove the whole mile to Burger King to get them kid’s meals for dinner because I am so generous and selfless. They never get fast food so this is really exciting for them apparently. I ordered the food, then pulled up to the window to pay for it and my six year old says very loudly from the back seat, after getting a look at the person working the window, --“Hey, is that a man or a woman!?” Oh shoot. You always hope they aren’t paying attention, but the lady’s cheeks turned really bright red. Really, the only give-away here, even for me, was, um, the, uh, I guess I could say, bra that was needed. But my daughter couldn’t see that from the back seat of the Corolla. I had ordered a BBQ chicken tendercrisp sandwich for moi because this is the best thing BK has ever come up with and I made a huge deal of making sure they would put no mayo on it to save myself some fat/calories (it practically turns this into health food) :-).

I also made a big deal of letting them know I had girls for the kids’ meals so they wouldn’t get some dumb boy stuff. We pull away and the girls start pulling stuff out of the bags, and lo and behold, Iron Man toys--these two actually.

I liked the movie but obviously this is not what I want for my girls. To add insult to injury, I get home and there IS mayo on my sandwich. I know the lady was punishing us, BUT the girls loved the toys anyway and I’ve discovered the mayo makes this sandwich taste WAY better so ha, ha. But still, I think next time we go through a drive-through I’m going to need some Duct tape.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like fun--ha ha on the drivethrough (uh) lady. Was it the one who also works at the school?? J/K.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Lemonade! Look at you making Lemonade!

Lesley said...

from the mouth of babes....too funny :)