Saturday, May 10, 2008
Around the world and back again
Anyone in the military knows our lives (and theirs) are incredibly unstable at best. It seems like we’ll be somewhere forever and then we aren’t or we’ll be somewhere a very short time and then we’re there forever (right, Tina?). Or even better, we find out we might move somewhere and then the next day it changes, and then a couple hours later it changes again, and then a couple days later, it changes again, ad naseum. Let’s see, where have we possibly been just in the past month, mostly this past week?—Las Vegas was the one possibility I mentioned near the beginning of my blogging—that particular job has moved twice, first to San Antonio, then to Ft. Meade, Maryland. Not going there on purpose. So instead of trying for that job, we’ll take a regular band one--so this week we have thought Ft. Campbell, KY, then Korea, and now Ft. Riley, Kansas. My head is starting to spin. I can’t wait to see what they come up with on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh boy I'm the QUEEN of this life. I think there was a period of time where we were on like 3 continents in a week.
Then we picked this plan thinking it was stable.
I'll let you in on a little secret. It's not. More on that later when and if it ever solidifies.
Oh - how come Ft. Lewis isn't on your list?
Post a Comment