Tuesday, May 6, 2008

First movie review

I am a little hesitant to review movies because then people know how low your standards really are. I would say just kidding but that’s not a joke. It really says a lot about a person but here goes anyway. If you haven’t seen Iron Man, quit reading this because I’m not going to avoid spoilers. I actually really liked Iron Man even though it’s a guy movie because they played the romance just right. I was a little alarmed at the beginning with the, well, basically, sex scene, but it kind of set up the story for the character development of Tony Sparks, Starks, whatever his name was. He is a super-rich playboy-type who doesn’t care about anyone when we first meet him. The sex scene could have been much worse and it was really fast, but of course, I still wish they’d left it out. Anyway, the movie had the usual retarded story-lines. Arc-reactor technology? Building a suit of armor in front of Middle Eastern terrorists when he’s supposed to be building a missile--Did his captors really think the missile needed arms and legs? But wait, even though the terrorists speak every language in the world, apparently they all forgot to learn English—the most internationally used language? Whatever. Ignore these things and movies like this are just fun. I just really loved Paltrow as Pepper Potts. She was smart and brave and he NEVER kissed her. What the heck?



Now I have to see the next movie too. Excellent marketing plan. Yep, that’s my review. Now you know why they pay me the big bucks.
Oh, PS—we saw some trailers to some very dumb looking movies. Prince Caspian looks like LOTR for children, the Hulk 2 (how did they make enough money off of the first to do another?), and The Spirit (yet another comic-based movie). Yikes. We are looking forward to Indiana Jones though-- the Jeremys (or is it Jeremies?) already have tickets to the midnight show.

1 comment:

Jen said...

My question for Prince Caspian is how did it manage a PG rating, when it looks so similar to Harry Potter, but Harry Potter, LOTR, etc all have at least a PG13????? I don't quite get it. It looks just as dark as some of the scenes from HP.