I have some bananas that I bought 3 weeks ago at the commissary here. Here is a picture of them today:
As you can tell they are still green. Although there are dark spots and the stems have practically withered, the bananas are like wood when you try to peel them. I am so glad the commissary is making sure we get quality produce like this. Maybe this week they can sell me grapes I can landscape my yard with.

2 comments:
I am right there with you on the banana thing. Yuck. If there's one thing I hate it's those wooden bananas! And hey, I wonder...grapes might look better than the rocks! I mean, they're at least green.
You're hilarious.
I've tried to do this before, gotten green bananas thinking I was brilliant and that they'd last longer - and then they just got nasty instead of nice and yellow.
Sometimes it works and sometimes they are nasty. I have no idea what the key is - other than sucky fruit.
I'm not even sure Julia Childs understands this dilemma.
Post a Comment