Friday, May 30, 2008

Armed Forces Vacation Club

Everyone is tired of me talking about this. But I don’t understand why more military people or people who know military people aren’t totally excited about it. My husband tells me not to tell anyone about it so all the great deals won't get taken. My family and I spent $300 (it's $329 for Space A now) to spend a week in Sedona at the end of May in a two bedroom 1500 sq. ft. condo. It was unbelievable. We could’ve stayed here forever. The place was gorgeous.





Go to http://www.afvclub.com/ and get yourself hooked up with an awesome vacation. They have stuff everywhere—even for a family our size. A few hints. AFVC uses RCI timeshares so if you aren’t sure about the place you are looking at, go to RCI.com and look it up. See what reviews it’s gotten. Check for places way ahead (or really last minute--I hear sometimes this works well too). We found and paid for our vacation one year ago. We had intended to pay $600-800 for this “high demand” Sedona resort (the "high demand" searches are worth checking out at afvclub.com too) but when we called, they said there was a special deal, so it was only $300. The guy said always call because you never know what specials they have that aren’t posted on the website. When we called back the next day to see if we could get some more of these condos for that price, apparently it was a mistake but since we’d paid, the guy said we were good to go. Yea us. And yea them for being awesome. I giggled every time we saw our neighbors there driving around in their Hummers and Beamers and I remember what WE paid to be there. I’m already looking at places in Tennessee on lakes with boats, fishing, and such.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

You guys aren't just vacationing with the up and ups, you are the up and ups! The place looks truly amazing.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

My dad (retired Army) has always said that part of your salary is finding all the perks and benefits.

Good on you!

Scott said...

Wow! That place looks awesome. It sounds like you guys had a great time. And for a great price which makes it even better.

Scott said...

okay once again that comment was not Scott. I just don't get how to tell when someone lse is logged in.

Grandpa Howe said...

So this was better than when I took our kids to Tombstone? Or Bekah and Dan to the Meteor Crater? I give up, you guys rock when it comes to vacations.

Anonymous said...

That house looks nice and that pool! Well, I'm going to have to have a pool one day. They are so refreshing looking.