Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I have 8 kids!

Ok, I had 8 kids and only for a few days but it was a lot of fun. Some friends of ours won a trip for 2 to Canada from Cox Cable and we watched their kids. They have awesome children and the only time I was worried about whether they would be happy was Sunday afternoon because we don’t play outside and I couldn’t take them to the Cove or anything but they took care of that for me! (Check out the sidebar pics)

On Sunday when the parents of these kids were supposed to be flying home from Canada, the speaker in sacrament meeting starts talking about some terrible plane accident in Brazil. She goes, “All the passengers and all the crew died and it was just the worst accident ever, etc., etc.” I look over and my friends’ 7 year-old’s eyes are getting bigger and bigger. I’m thinking—be quiet woman!—this kid’s parents are on an airplane right now! And why couldn’t he be ignoring the speakers like my kids? :-) I ask him if he’s worried about his parents and he nods. Then I tell him he has nothing to worry about because they’re on an American airplane and ours are the best. Worked like a charm.

3 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Oh I'm jealous you got to be a mom to 8. I'd have loved to have been a mom to those 3 and been a mom of 6. Actually, I've been a mom of 6 for the last week and a mom of 5 for the two weeks before that...but I'd have still traded with you for those kids. And I'd have taken your kids too. I loved all of your kids.

Suzanne said...

Sounds like everything went well! (Aside from the airplane scare--Good thing we have the best airplanes). I love the pics of the sleeping kids. I'm glad everyone survived!

Tina said...

While I'm sure you're just saying that because I read you blog, I'm glad my kids were so good for you. The trip was awesome because I didn't have to worry about my kids. Not only has my youngest made a wish, but she prays at night that we will go on another trip, so that they can come to the Howe's! I only hope you let me return the favor!! You Rock!