Monday, April 21, 2008

Flying through the air

Maybe nobody is amazed by this but me. The other day Jer and I were sitting in the living room with our laptops. I needed him to look at something and I was WAY too lazy to just get up and take my laptop all the way across the room to him so I emailed it to him. It’s not my laziness I’m amazed by (I’m used to that) but rather the fact that I can take written information and pictures and literally send it flying through the air to another computer. It kind of freaked me out a little to realize this for some reason. This isn’t even new technology but I still think it is amazing. My kids are astounded that we managed to ever live before the internet. So am I. And I got married in ’92 so it was really just barely taking off then. I remember thinking by 2010 (which is now 2 years away), we’d all be flying around in cars and be living like the Jetsons but the internet is pretty darn incredible.

No comments: