Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just for fun!

My friend gets tagged with all these fun questions to answer for her blog and I wanted to answer these too. Here goes:


1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
--Let’s see, it was 1998 so we were living in Oklahoma at the time and Jr. wasn’t quite 5 and Nick was 3 and I think we were just moving out of an apartment into that house on Chestnut Lane. I would shortly be serving as the Primary president in our ward if I wasn’t already.

2. 5 things on my to-do list today
--Get Jer to mow the lawn
--grocery shop again
-- college class assignments
--organize cub scout stuff
-- run 5 miles

3. 5 snacks I enjoy
I should probably list all healthy things but that would be a lie.
--I do love Fuji apples though (mostly because they taste like candy)
--peanut butter M&Ms
--Reisens
--triscuits with hummus (especially the hummus with caramelized onions on top)
--light butter popcorn with hot chocolate (this is one snack because they must go together always).

4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?
I would give it away as quickly as possible before I turned into a monster.

5. 3 bad habits
--Saying the word “awesome” way too much—and I can’t quit, it’s really bad.
--Getting addicted to tv shows way too easily.
--Impulse buying—and the PX is having a huge outdoor sale tomorrow and the commissary is doing their case lot sale in 2 weeks so I’ll be doing lots of this.

6. 5 places I’ve lived
--Montgomery, AL
--Columbus, GA
-- Lawton, OK
--Fairbanks, AK
--Sierra Vista, AZ

7. 5 jobs I’ve had
I think once I had 5 jobs in a day, well, maybe it was 3, but I am so glad those days are over.
--I worked at Burger King--a couple times
--I delivered for a lunch place I think called Menu
-- I was a telemarketer for a newspaper company for a couple hours
--I worked at a cart in the Tucson mall for the Spy Factory selling things like coke cans that have secret compartments and dog poop you put your keys in.
Those were the days, man.

8. 5 things people don’t know about me
It depends on how well you know me as to whether any of this will come as a shock.
--Let’s see, I can’t wear the color red when I am pregnant. It makes me really angry
--I also cannot stand orange slices (the candy ones) due to an experience during my first pregnancy.
--I did work study at a zoo during high school because I thought at one time I’d be a veterinarian. Nothing like actually dealing with animals to learn that I totally did not want to do that. But I did get to feed dead rats and horse meat to lions and tigers and bears--oh my.
--I am fascinated with international marketing and am kind of hoping we move somewhere that will give me an opportunity to do this for my degree.
--I took 3 years of German in high school and I only remember--ich bin ein Berliner!


That was fun. Awesome. :-) Anyone else who wants to play—give it a shot. I would love to read it.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay, thanks for playing! I love it when people actually do these things. I definitely did not know all that stuff about you. International marketing, huh?

Jared and I did a major impulse buy yesterday. I am going to post about it hopefully today. It was major.

And the new layout...totally amazing. And those chocolate chips are dark chocolate! Awesome.

Lesley said...

That was fun. Lets see five places I have lived ......I could give you 5 different zip codes. Sad but true :)

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Ok where to begin!!!
I'll start with the most random...

1. SPY FACTORY. I've got some serious history here - but not in the way you think, with the family that owned it. I really wish I'd know this so we could have dished about it.

2. I'll take the money. It's a burden that I'll take off your hands.

3. You know that with the "ein" you are a jelly donut right? I mean, if you want to do the international marketing thing I'm guessing you've remembered that part.

4. Hug the case lot sale for me. People around here think I'm nuts for my pantry - which is essentially my entire 3rd car garage now.

5. Awesome defines you.

6. For TV show addiction see my friend Julie. And she's awesome too. "Analysis Paralysis" - she'll get moving on the blogging soon.

7. HUMMUS. I knew I really liked you- especially for the carmelized onion part. There's a place there in SV that makes this dish extra yum. We took Tina and Strati there but I can't remember the name of it now.

8. Can Jer come mow my lawn? He was my last home teacher and I don't think I have new ones yet. (Seriously).