Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

I’m driving everyone nuts talking about this all the time, but I had no idea you could do stuff like this until just a few days ago. Suzanne showed me some places to get backgrounds for my blog and from there I found this whole new awesome thing (to me). I’m so excited I found all this and just in time because my big project for the summer is to scan all the photos (pre-digital) we have in junky scrapbooks and turn them into awesome scrapbooks. I was going to use Shutterfly's templates like I did for the books for the kids for Christmas but NOW I am going to go crazy. I have to post a couple of the pages I did in Powerpoint (Tina gave me permission to post Layla’s pics with Rose)--

These pages took me less than 10 minutes a piece, I spent no money on materials, and even though I still don't know what I am doing, I thought they were cute.
And now here is a page done by a pro—Jen. I didn’t ask her permission to post this but I don’t care because it’s so awesome!
That is just unreal Jen! I think I’ll stick with Powerpoint for a while (you have to crawl before you can run, right?) and then I am going to spend even more time with my computer than I am doing right now. Whew!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Okay, first of all--your layout looks awesome!! I never even thought of using just a "regular" picture. (I'm going to have to steal that idea, you know). And second of all, now you are going to have to teach me a thing or two about digital scrapbooking on powerpoint. (And if you know anything about photoshop, I'm still dying to use that for the scrapbooking). Anyway. I am truly impressed.

Anonymous said...

Your page keeps changing! My poor connection is so slow that it took it forever to upload your background! At firt it was just yellow and I thought it was a bit odd but then I saw the rest. Looking good.

Those pages look awesome! And your children are all grown-up! I keep forgetting how quickly children change in just a few years.

Lesley said...

So the cost is only in the printing right? The pages look great!

Jen said...

Your layouts look great on powerpoint. I'm excited to see what you can do with other programs.

Suzie Howe said...

It looks like you are having a blast with this digital scrapbooking your pages look great. I downloaded the software but I havent had time to play around with it yet.