Friday, April 11, 2008

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again

Humpty is my washer and I killed him. I think I might have done it on purpose but I’m not sure. All I know is we started having an issue with the washer leaking from underneath during part of the wash cycle. This might have been caused by the fact that my older sons are fully in charge of their own laundry and the loads are usually so full and off-balanced, the machine looks like a Mexican jumping bean while working. My husband called his dad who is great at this kind of stuff and even though he offered to come right down from Tucson to check it out, we figured we could handle this on our own ;-). He mentioned to my husband that we needed to take the back of the washer off. No further encouragement needed on my part. I actually love taking stuff apart, I just hate putting things together. Once I’d ascertained that the hoses didn’t have holes and all the connecty-things looked ok, I tried to put Humpty back together again. Really, I did. But it was just hopeless. Dang. Tomorrow we get to shop for a front-loader. Oh the pain and suffering.

Humpty Dumpty sat in my laundry room
Humpty Dumpty; unaware of his doom
I snuck up behind him with tools and I tried
Maybe if I hadn’t seen that ad from Best Buy
He need not have died.

5 comments:

Suzie Howe said...

I'm actually jealous I would LOVE to have a front loader.

Anonymous said...

Our washer did exactly that- water was everywhere. A front loading washing machine! Those are cool looking. Don't they hold more too?

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Oh man, I've been trying to get mine to die for awhile now to rate a front-loader. No dice so far.
Good job!

Lesley said...

Love the poem! I have a front loader and I have had some problems with it, but maybe it is just the brand Kenmore. I do enjoy how fast the clothes get dry because of the less water front loader. Fleece does tend to burn in the dryer because of the lack of moisture from the wash cycle. Learned that one quick:)

Linda said...

Wow, Lesley, I am glad I read your comment. I kept reading that the front-loader gets stuff much drier. I never thought how that might be a problem. We bought an LG brand and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I am way excited!