Monday, April 14, 2008
Favorite Monday: Music/Band
My friend Suzanne plays this game on her blog every Monday listing her favorite…whatever the listed subject is from another friend of hers. I thought I’d give it a shot even though this is a really difficult one. I can say what my favorite band/singer was as a teenager—Bon Jovi! I had a door size poster of him in my room which I would kiss every night before kissing Jeremy’s little picture. I even saw Bon Jovi in concert when I was 14 which made me know I would never let my kids go to a concert like that. Holy cow. The performance was fine—the attendees left a little to be desired. Anyway, now I can’t stand to listen to Bon Jovi songs so that’s over. I liked Harry Connick Jr. for a while but now I think Michael Buble is better. Jer and I fight about this. I actually don’t like listening to music much unless I am running or cleaning. I really like to listen to music while running. It’s like a free high. I think right now and for the past several years my favorite music would have to be soundtracks from movies like Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Robin Hood, Dances with Wolves, etc. I owe a lot of lost pounds to the Pirates soundtracks. One song I am particularly fond of is one Jer sent to me when he was in Korea called Beautiful—done by Jim Brickman with vocals by Wayne Brady of Whose Line fame. All in all, I have to say I am too moody to make a good list. One day I like a song, the next day it’s annoying. I have to keep my shuffle updated pretty regularly to not bore myself. Anyone that wants to play too, please do. I’d love to find some new music to listen to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay for you! Thanks for playing. =) It's fun to hear what other people like to listen to. I'll have to look up Beautiful. (I realized today that I listen to a lot of old old stuff. People in the gym would probably laugh if they knew what was going into my ears. =)
By the way, I KNOW I commented on your last post and I have no idea where the comment ended up. Knowing me I probably closed the window before I published it. Oh well. But I am still wondering...did you get the fancy kind with the storage built in? Did you get the matching dryer??? The suspense is killing me.
I still Love Bon Jovi. I love his new song although I can't remember the name of it.
Since I'm in the Army, I'll throw an acronym: MOTAB! (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) Unfortunately on their upcoming album 8 of the 15 tracks are on previous albums. I think I'll just wait for it to show up in iTunes and download the 7 new tracks and save the money.
Bryn Terfel is the man! If I could sing like anyone it would be him. His lates Wagner album is the bomb diggity!
Soundtracks are always great, can we say Star Wars? Have all 6 and some others. Speaking of SW, got to get some MECO Star Wars. You can't beat Star Wars Disco.
(GNR from my wayward teenage years)
And of course you gotta have some tuba music in there as well. The best is "Tubas from Hades" Priceless.
Harry Connick is better than "Bubble Head" Linda, Duh!
Waking Ned Divine soundtrack can't be beat. Wierd Al Yankovic is immortal. Eat It and Fat are better than anything Michael Jackson could ever sing.
Post a Comment