Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Spring Pictures
Spring Pictures are a big scam. They take your kid’s picture, then a month or so later, send home the entire package of pictures telling you that you owe them $40-50 to keep them. How come during fall pictures, you have to order them before you get your hands on anything but a tiny proof? So my daughter tries to start popping out the cute little keychain pictures they have and I have to break it to her that I am NOT spending $42 on these pictures. They are all going back. Then I get, “Why!? You hate me! You think I’m ugly!” Thank you LifeTouch. We have copied spring pictures before but they got smart and put a huge sticker on the package saying DO NOT COPY. I wonder how many people that will stop? Is taking a picture of the pictures ok? Whatever. I have 5 kids, I don’t have $200, end of discussion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I totally agree. I don't understand it at all. Aren't they just wasting there money by printing out those pictures before you order them. What do they do with the pictures when people don't buy them? And why did they start taking pictures in the fall and the spring?
One of the teachers I worked under (the Kindergarten one) encouraged the parents to keep those pictures even without paying for them! She felt it was dishonest of the company to send something home with the children and then demand payment for it. The other teacher got angry when parents didn't send payment back but kept the pictures. It was a strange situation. It was especially sad because one family bought the pictures and they couldn't afford it- I guess they felt obligated to do so (which I'm sure is the whole point of sending them home in the first place). Wretched company.
I think you are justified in keeping at least one pack of photos on me. I paid for Sparky's fall photos and never received them despite many promises they'd send them to me. So I'm down the money I put out. I figure you can run up the tab they owe me - tell them it's on the Andersons.
So where is the picket line I will be there with my poster! :)
I never thought about pictures in terms of 5 kids...that adds up so fast! I don't know though, I kind of like seeing how the pictures turn out before I commit to buying. I will probably pay for 1 sheet, then not feel guilty about scanning them and printing off as many as I want. (However, do I ever print out pictures? Not really.)
But yeah...school pictures twice a year is a bit excessive.
Post a Comment