Monday, March 17, 2008
Pause for Paas
I have no idea if the title reads right because I’m not sure how to pronounce Paas—I assume like “paws”, and I can’t bring myself to do Paas like it rhymes with “has” because it makes me feel like a sheep or goat. Wikipedia could probably tell me but I’m too lazy to go check. But I digress, I’m here to wonder why Paas hasn’t changed their Easter egg dying kits in the 30 some odd years I’ve been alive. I know they’ve added Holographic kits and tie-dye kits but these are just marked up versions of the basic. I can get holographic stickers at the dollar store, thanks. They still sell the kits with that awful egg handler thing—the thing that looks like it was made from a tiny coat hanger. But they still sell the kit with just one and I have five kids-- making egg-dying a disaster. Can you buy those things in bulk? They don’t even work right and are really hard for the little ones to handle so I’m not sure why the kits don’t come with plastic tongs or something (but the little coat hanger thing gives my kids reason to fight to the death so it has some kind of kid appeal). I also don’t like the shrink-wrap egg wrappers. I finally figured out how to do them the other year with the boiling water and all, but have you ever tried to peel an egg with one of those wrappers on? Not fun. That brings me to the cardboard stands that Paas gives you to punch out to place your egg in. I’m not sure about anybody else but we always put the eggs back in the egg cartons when they’re dyed and dried. We don’t display them around the house in cardboard stands because eggs kind of need to go back into the fridge, right? I plan to shun Paas this year, and I can because I already got the color tablets with our Bee Movie at Target, and we are going to use tongs and a wax crayon and dollar store stickers, so there. I showed them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Linda you are fast becoming my favorite blogger. This isn't any big surprise because you are so dang funny and all but I thought I'd tell you because I really want you to keep writing. You make me laugh really, really hard!!
Hmmm...you make some really good points there! And you remind me that I can have the kids dye Easter eggs sometime this week to help fill up this whole Spring Break thing. Too bad nobody in my family really eats hard boiled eggs. I'll have to think of something.
I wonder how much money a person could make inventing the little plastic tongs and selling them in bulk at Easter. ;)
Holy cow! Linda you are too much!
Post a Comment