Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I hate meat

Ugh. It’s so disgusting. It’s slimy and bloody and it smells like refrigerated death. But I’m not a vegetarian by any means. I just hate dealing with it raw. I had a breakfast casserole recipe that called for sausage the other day so after having to go buy some for the first time in my life (I mean real sausage, not the frozen links I always buy), I finally had to cook it. I put 5 of these huge gross links into the frying pan and thought I could just cook and crumble it up like hamburger. Apparently they make this sausage with some kind of transparent casing which I have no idea whether it is edible or not and I needed it to come off so I could crumble up the stuff. So as I’m trying to squirt the sausage out of its casing and raw sausage juice is squirting me in the eye, I’m quite sure I hate meat-- I loathe it, it is SO nasty. I get it cooked, and it still smells bad to me, but I throw it in the casserole anyway. Jer was late from work so the boys had to be the guinea pigs, and they were so polite it was almost painful to watch (but satisfying at the same time). I hated it, they hated (which they finally admitted when they realized I wouldn’t run to my room and cry:-)), and when Jer came home, he tries it and tells me I put pizza sausage in the dish, not breakfast sausage. I guess Italian sausage means pizza topping. They need to have a meat information class for me at RS Enrichment night or “A Night for the Hopelessly Lost” anyway. By they way, I LOVE bacon, and no, I don’t consider it a meat. It’s right up there in the same class with chocolate. I just need a minion to deal with it raw first so I can skip the grodiness and enjoy myself.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am with you about the meat! I do like to eat it, but I hate touching it raw. Luckily Jared helps spare me from that most of the time. =)

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

You have such good boys. I look to you as my good example as how to parent teenagers. I will have you on speed dial in 6 years.