Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Food Nostalgia

I was just thinking about some foods that I miss. I miss those Mickey Mouse ice cream bars we had in elementary school. It was Mickey’s head on a stick in vanilla ice cream and the ears were covered in chocolate, and there were two eyes and a smile done in chocolate ice cream. You eat the ears first of course, and then cannibalize the head. Awesome. Now for Keebler—where on earth did your O-Boise’s go? These were a potato chip of industrial strength. They were super thick and I ate them dipped in ketchup because they tasted just like fries! What a missed marketing opportunity. Carnation Instant Breakfast Bars—I lived on these things in high school. They were covered in chocolate and were dry and crumbly inside and I loved them! No other granola bar has come up to par for me. Grape Bubbleyum. I think it still exists but I can’t ever find any. I once put all five pieces in my mouth at the same time and my jaw was sore for weeks. And no, it wasn’t last month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those foods. The Carnation Bars were the best. I also miss the Grasshopper cookies- just like Oreo's but with green mint icing in the middle and grasshopper heads on the cookie part.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Carnation bars!! Where are those??

I think you should write a letter.

Lesley said...

I use to love the Jolly Ranchers that came in a stick (cherry are my favorites). I am pretty sure they still make them although I haven't seen them lately. I loved to suck on them so they would make a really nice point, just as dangerous as a knife:) Good times.

Suzie Howe said...

I too lived off of the Carnation Bars in high school.I haven't thought about those in forever.