Thursday, February 18, 2016

Dryer, dryer, pants on fire

Spencer recently broke something for the millionth time--except this time I was able to fix it! This is nothing short of a miracle because we are not handy people at ALL. So all of a sudden the loads of laundry people were trying to dry were getting heated up but not dried at all except around the edges and I realized the drum in the dryer was not spinning anymore. So Spencer confesses that when he was trying to spin the drum to find some specific socks to pull out it made some awful noise and now the drum would not spin. I went to the usually-helpful Youtube to find out what to do and realized the belt must have come off or broken and I needed to fix it. I watched one guy saying I was going to have to take the back off the dryer and pull the whole thing apart and then have someone hold the drum while I stuck my entire body through it to reattach the belt underneath without actually being able to see what I was doing--huh? What!? Convinced there had to be a better way, I kept searching through videos and have come to the conclusion that I could make a fortune creating truly helpful how-to videos because for the most part they are awful!!! So irritating and wasteful and ugh! I found a series of pictures instead of a video that showed how I can just take the front off the dryer super easily, then see what to do with the belt and it actually worked! I was able to easily see that Spencer popped the wheely-thing out of place and it was pretty easy to set it all back together. I also may have cleaned a ton of lint out of the dryer before taking these pictures. I actually spun the drum to the right once I fixed it and totally popped the whole wheely-thing off again when I realized the drum should only be spun to the left--NEVER to the right. So now that shouldn't be a problem anymore and I can once again engage in one of my favorite activities of late--hugging a huge pile of hot laundry to myself to absorb it's warmth because I continue to be cold. all. of. the. time. 

No comments: