Thursday, February 18, 2016

Babies and Bowties


This was probably the most fun I've ever had putting on a party--the baby shower for my daughter-in-law Rachel who is pregnant with my grandson that is almost here! Instead of making things difficult for myself like usual, I made good use of all the things available to me at Sam's, Costco and Party City. Honestly the most difficult part was creating the announcements but since I was working in my favorite program (Illustrator) I was still a happy camper. I just wanted to create the clipart myself, etc. I took off the address and phone number info since I don't want that on my blog but I think they look pretty stinkin' cute. I didn't really do a full-on "theme" but my grandson will be named after Junior so he will be Jeremy Joseph Howe III and they are going to call him Joey so I thought using baby kangaroos (joeys) was a fun thing to do. There wasn't a lot of cute kangaroo stuff surprisingly. Someone needs to fix that. Another cute thing was the little bowtie napkin/fork things I made with washi tape (which I have never used before in my life). Pinterest steal on that one, as well as the puppy chow made with blue sixlets which you can see Hannah helping me dish up. We had just the perfect amount of people show up too so it wasn't overwhelming but was a really great party! I also had fun coming up with the games which you can see Rachel and Shay (my other daughter-in-law) putting their heads together to work on. I am super fond of word games as everyone knows and although it irritates my family greatly to play things like Boggle with me, that fondness spilled over into the games I wanted for the shower.
 
I had a good old time watching people figure these out and I'm sticking them here in case I ever need to use them again--maybe later on I'll put the answers on my blog as well. :-) If you can't tell, I am one very excited (almost) Grandma!

No comments: